How can you motivate yourself to put in the work needed to have a successful online business?
You must have motivation to do the work necessary to be successful. Success will ride on the fruits of your efforts. The fruits of your efforts will accumulate as you continue to take action on building your online business further.
Get Yourself Motivated – Brighten Up The Work
Are you lacking motivation to get started on your tasks for the day? Or even “do” anything? In many cases a lack of motivation can be due to physical environment and status.
Think of your current state. Is your workspace organized? Are you well fed and have you had enough water to drink so far today? Did you get a chance to go outside and catch some sun yet today?
Stress can block you from getting started on any work. It is imperative that we be sure we are in the best of circumstances possible in the moment when it is time to get to work.
Start by making sure your stress level is down. Here are a few ideas in case you are feeling a little stressed out:
- be in a healthy state, fed, thirst quenched, full nutrition (take multivitamin if necessary)
- let the sun in through a window, let the fresh air come into the room from outside
- take deep breaths
- go for a walk
- visualize the success of your business / work
- have a herbal tea
- clean up and organize your work area
- give a hug
- stand up and walk around if you’ve been sitting at your desk for a while
Once you release some stress and are feeling good. You are likely to be motivated to “do” something. Take this opportunity to get to work on your online business.
Every bit and piece of work you do adds up and will turn into a large amount of content and help you achieve success in your online business.
The Right Additional Shock – Jump Into Action
Sometimes it isn’t stress that is the problem. You could be stuck – unable to move forward either due to exhaustion, writers block, lack of knowledge, or even simply just not being in the zone. In many of these cases we need an external force to jump start us into action. This is what we call the right additional shock.
You may or may not know when you need a right additional shock. If you find yourself stuck try some of these ideas:
- if you are exhausted, try a glass of water, some healthy snack, and try taking a nap and come back to the work later and see if you can pick up where you left off
- writers block can occur any day and it is difficult to over come as the more you try to push it the harder it seems to get past it – try the one word a day minimum guideline – anything more is gravy and before you know it you will be back into the rhythm of writing
- if it is a lack of knowledge that has led you to a bump in the road, try learning more – check YouTube for tutorials or join wealthy affiliates for a supportive online business community and get in on all the training available with their premium service
- you can also become complacent to your work and lose the creative spark that gives it that special something, some call it “falling asleep while you are awake” and in these cases a shock can be needed to jump start you out of the complacency – try self-remembering or set an alarm on your weekly calendar to pop up and remind you to pause and review if you have become complacent in your work or not
Express Gratitude – Give Thanks
You get what you give. Expressing gratitude is a wonderful way to bring more positivity into your daily life. It is an act that is very simple yet very powerful. The incredible feeling you get after a few minutes of expressing gratitude can be directed towards motivating yourself to work on your online business.
There is an endless amount of things you can express gratitude for. If your mind is drawing a blank at the moment, give thanks for some of these ideas:
- your friends and family
- the food you are eating today
- the water you have available to you
- the day and the night
- the lovely outdoors and all the life on the planet
- electricity, gas, phone and internet access
- your health
- those who have gone before us
Give thanks for everything mentally and verbally all day long. It will become a daily habit that will result in a more positive outlook in your life and that will reflect on the quality of work you do when you sit down to get more done with your online business.
Pay It Forward – You Get What You Give
Paying it forward is a win-win for all involved. You can easily pay it forward using one of your skills and talents to help another. Take the time to help someone out. It will make their day and it will start a butterfly effect as the good deed continues to get passed on in the pay it forward spirit person to person.
It doesn’t have to be something substantial every time either. I can be a simple act of kindness outwardly towards another. By making this website I am acting in a pay it forward type of attitude myself as well. As I get more and more posts published I can only hope that these words assist you and others reading in getting started in creating your own online business to hopefully start making you additional online income.
These ideas are just some simple things that will allow you to continue brainstorming on your own:
- teach something to someone who needs to learn one of your skills
- hold the door open for someone
- share a meal with a friend or neighbor
- give a compliment to someone
- comment on someone’s website – they have worked hard putting content together to help you and others gain knowledge, information, find products, etc…
- send a hand written letter to someone who you haven’t been in touch with for a while
- clean up litter in a public space
- donate things you own that you no longer need – directly to someone who needs it
Paying it forward goes a long way and has the power to create a feedback loop where you can naturally make yourself better by helping others.
Be Inspired – Imitate Success To Be Successful
Read an inspiring book to help you get into the mindset of being successful. A book can give you time to relax while you gain some more knowledge.
I found some books that really got me feeling better when I was down or out of the zone and not making any progress on my work. There are some great authors out there – new and old – that have great inspiration writing available to you.
Besides books, music can really help you get inspired. There is some great music and I think it comes down to the individual but I will mention some songs that lift me up below.
Here are some titles that come to my mind right now that I found helped.
- Book: The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
- Song: Coming Back To Life by Pink Floyd
- Song: Imagine by John Lennon
- Song: It’s My Life by Bon Jovi
- Song: We Are The Campions by Queen
- Song: All That I’m Allowed (I’m Thankful) by Elton John
- Book: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Book: The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
Share The Love – The Online Market Is Big Enough For All
Now take the time and sit down and do something to advance your online business. Minimum one word. Anything else is gravy. Just remember it will all add up. Review products and share what you know or have found with others. Create a new niche website and create some content sharing what you know with the billions of other people in the world. You can do this, you can make your online business a reality. You are motivated if you’ve read this far!
A great place online where you can “share the love” and “pay it forward” and “motivate others” is the Wealthy Affiliate community. If you’ve never checked it out, start for free right now – no credit card required – and get a glimpse into the best online business community, and training site, there is on the internet.
I would love to hear your comments or questions. If you have anything you’d like to discuss please reply in the comments below.